MTU’s Outreach Coordinator will enjoy a diverse variety of tasks falling primarily under the Marketing/Communications and Outreach headings. We seek an experienced, self-motivated, personable individual interested in helping with all external communication needs. MTU’s outreach includes print and digital media production, social and paid media design and placement, event planning and staffing, as well as face-to-face meetings, phone calls, and other exchanges between staff and volunteer leaders, members, partner organizations, and businesses.
Our Outreach Coordinator will be the main point of contact between national Trout Unlimited’s Volunteer Operations team and MT Chapters. This position entails regular statewide travel to facilitate chapter trainings, and attend and help with chapter events. All MTU staff contribute to the daily operation of our Missoula office, especially interacting with visitors and general inquiries.
The Outreach Coordinator will work closely with our other staff to keep abreast of conservation, policy, and on-the-ground work, as well as assisting our development efforts as needed. The successful candidate will work full-time out of our Missoula office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not an exhaustive list)
- Engage and educate chapter leadership on their regular needs such as financial reporting, membership/recruitment/retention, event planning, and TU tools for successful chapter and volunteer operations.
- Oversee MTU’s website maintenance and updating. Develop a monthly, online newletter/organizational update to members.
- Work with MTU program staff to develop and implement a marketing plan, as well as a plan for regular social and paid media outreach.
- Administer annual Youth Conservation and Fly Fishing Camp – solicit participants, recruit and vet volunteers, interact with parents, organize camp lodging, food, transportation, equipment, daily schedule, tours, etc., and supervise camp.
- Grow MTU’s Montana Brewshed Allianceâ across the state in partnership with chapters.
- Oversee events like the annual conservation briefing for Montana fishing guides/outfitters.
- Schedule, design, layout, and produce quarterly newsletter – Trout Line.
- Schedule (date, location, agenda, special presentations/tours) and help plan quarterly State Council meetings in coordination with hosting chapters.
- Coordinate outreach/education, such as Blackfoot River Fund tabling at the Kettlehouse Amphitheater.
- Develop, order and oversee distribution of MTU-logo’d merchandise.
- Assist MTU’s development staff with special events and donor outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing-related field required.
- Prefer five years of professional experience in outreach, communications, and/or marketing.
- Experience with nonprofit and conservation organizations a plus.
- Knowledge of Montana geography and fisheries, water quality, and/or water quantity restoration encouraged.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively with diverse partners, community stakeholders, business leaders, volunteers, and people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Experience with media relations and public outreach both digital and traditional.
- Ability to work independently while managing complex projects.
- Willingness to travel within the region as necessary.
- Ability to provide own transportation may be required. Mileage reimbursed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references here via Submittable by October 1, 2019.
MTU offers competitive salary and full, excellent benefits package.
MTU is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act & Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act.
MTU hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.