We are hiring!
Montana Trout Unlimited is seeking a fulltime administrative assistant/office manager in Missoula, MT. This person will enjoy a diverse variety of tasks falling primarily under administrative, financial accounting and logistics headings, that are essential to making the Missoula office (13 staff) run smoothly. We seek an experienced, self-motivated, personable individual interested in serving as the first point of contact for incoming phone and in-person communications. This person will work closely with staff to keep abreast of conservation, policy, and on-the-ground work, as well as assisting our development efforts as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not an exhaustive list)
- Point person for technology needs: hardware, software, upgrade schedule and connections
- Collect mail daily and process checks for deposit
- Order supplies at regular intervals based on need
- Serve as clearinghouse for general incoming requests via email and phone and respond to general outreach queries
- Source, order, put away on arrival, and distribute MTU merchandise and keep track of when to replenish and/or update stock
- Provide members and council members with assistance re: address changes/navigating TU National’s systems
- Pay invoices/bills
- Assist ED with some human resource mechanics: paperwork, onboarding/training of the MTU/TU systems for new hires
- Liaise with TU National re: benefit changes and the TU/MTU payroll information
- Plan and implement reasonable best practices for Bookkeeping/Petty Cash/Receipts
- Assist Chapters with the submission of required annual paperwork to IRS and National TU
- Oversee meeting reminders and logistics for State Council Meetings
- Accurate and timely entering of donor gift and biographical information into CMS
- Calendar and process renewals for trade organization memberships
- Help with some personalized direct mail assembly and sending
- Schedule and prepare agendas for the staff meetings
- General space management: make sure common areas are kept neat and supplies are stocked
- Security and Climate Control: implement and enforce a system of shared responsibility so that both doors and windows are locked nightly when space is empty and manage the winter heating and summer AC programming and schedules to optimize energy and keep office comfortable
- Maintenance and Cleaning: central point of contact for liaising with landlord, needed maintenance and contracted cleaning staff
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with nonprofit and conservation organizations a plus.
- Knowledge of common administrative/bookkeeping/record-keeping software including, QuickBooks, Constant Contact, Submittable, MS Office products encouraged.
- Knowledge of Montana geography and fisheries, water quality, and/or water quantity restoration encouraged.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively with diverse partners, community stakeholders, business leaders, volunteers, and people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to provide own transportation may be required. Mileage reimbursed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload a one-page letter of interest, resume, and three professional references here via Submittable at https://montanatroutunlimited.submittable.com/submit/173646/open-position-mtu-administrative-assistant-office-manager.
MTU offers competitive salary and full, excellent benefits package.
MTU is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act & Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act.
MTU hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.